Thank you for your interest in the University-Ravenna Cooperative Preschool. We know you’ll love it here as much as we do. We encourage you to explore our website, reach out to us with your questions, tour our classes, and then apply! You can learn more about touring and applying below.
We offer two classes for children ages two to five.
– Pre-3s Class –
This class is for children who will be two by August 31st. It meets twice weekly, on Tuesday and Friday mornings, and is taught by Teachers Nicole and Kristin.
– 3-5s Class –
This class is for children who will be between the ages of three and five by August 31st. It meets four times weekly and is taught by Teacher Nicole.
To learn how our class schedule has changed due to the pandemic, please see this post for up-to-date information.
Schedule a Tour
An in-person tour during class hours provides an opportunity for prospective parents to meet our teachers, see our classroom, and watch us in action. The tour allows parents to determine if U-Ravenna Co-op will be a good fit for their child. We love our school, and we want you to know that you will, too. We can’t host in-person tours during the 2020-2021 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we would still like to invite you to “tour” one of our virtual classes.
Curious about our classroom space while you wait for your tour?
After touring our preschool, we encourage you to apply online.
Applications for the 2021-2022 preschool year will be processed according to the schedule created by the North Seattle College Cooperative Preschool Program:
- Priority Registration – Before February 1, 2021
- Students currently enrolled in our 3-5s Class who are returning to the same class
- Students currently enrolled in our Pre-3s Class with alumni status from a sibling previously or currently enrolled in our 3-5s Class
- Students currently enrolled in our Pre-3s Class
- Age-appropriate child with alumni status from a sibling previously or currently enrolled in our preschool
- Students currently enrolled in a Toddlers Class in any other NSC cooperative preschool
- Transfer and Open Registration – Beginning February 1, 2020
- Students currently enrolled in another NSC cooperative preschool
- Students who apply online now through February 1, 2020
- Students who apply after February 1, 2020 on a rolling basis
You will be notified the day after the appropriate registration deadline as to the status of your application.
A non-refundable registration fee of $40 is due within 48 hours of admission notification to accept a spot in one of our classes. Your registration fee must be received before the beginning of the next registration stage, or your space will be made available for the next round of applicants.
A tight-knit co-op preschool creates lasting friendships between families. It’s true when they say it takes a village, and a village is just what our preschool provides. We host all-school playdates throughout the summer and special evening sing-a-longs and potlucks during the school year. Parents often coordinate monthly adult-only meet-ups, extra playdate adventures for kiddos, and even swap childcare.
Do you have other questions about how our preschool works? Check out our frequently asked questions page.