Our Pre-3s Class is for children who will be two by August 31st. The class meets twice weekly on Tuesday and Friday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
The 3-5s Class is for children who will be between the ages of three and five by August 31st. The class meets four times weekly – three morning sessions on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and one afternoon session on Tuesday from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Class is held in the spacious, bright basement of the Ravenna Collaboratory (unaffiliated). One open floor plan classroom contains all of our learning centers — including a home center, sensory table, large muscle equipment, art, library, and more — facilitating easy movement between centers during free play time. We use the playground at Bryant Elementary School (unaffiliated) for outdoor recess.
Parents attend class once a week with their child, supervising a learning area and assisting the teacher. Parents also attend a once-a-month evening parent education class taught by a Parent Educator. Learn more about the parent’s role in our co-op preschool and the North Seattle College Cooperative Preschool Program here.
This program is a great opportunity to expose your child to a wonderful play-based education, to give your child a safe environment for what might be their first drop-off experience, and to learn more about parenting from our excellent teachers.
Contact the Parent Coordinators in the Pre-3s Class (here) and the 3-5s Class (here) to learn more about each class. Then, fill out the online application form to start the process of joining our preschool!
Applications for the 2020-2021 preschool year will be processed according to the schedule created by the North Seattle College Cooperative Preschool Program:
- Priority Registration – Through February 8, 2020
- Students currently enrolled in our 3-5s Class who are returning to the same class
- Students currently enrolled in our Pre-3s Class with alumni status from a sibling previously or currently enrolled in our 3-5s Class
- Students currently enrolled in our Pre-3s Class
- Age-appropriate child with alumni status from a sibling previously or currently enrolled in our preschool
- Students currently enrolled in a Toddlers Class in any other NSC cooperative preschool
- Transfer Registration – February 10 – 14, 2020
- Students currently enrolled in another NSC cooperative preschool
- Open Registration – Beginning February 16, 2020
- Students who apply at the Co-op Preschool Fair on Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 9:30 am – 11:30 am at North Seattle College in Baxter Room (9600 College Way North — children are welcome, and parking is free)
- Students who apply online now through February 16, 2020
- Students who apply after February 16, 2020 on a rolling basis
You will be notified the day after the appropriate registration deadline as to the status of your application.
A non-refundable registration fee of $40 is due within 48 hours of admission notification to accept a spot in one of our classes. Your registration fee must be received before the beginning of the next registration stage, or your space will be made available for the next round of applicants.
We also have a few spots still available in both our 2019-2020 Pre-3s Class and our 2019-2020 3-5s Class. We welcome families at any time during the year, and we’re always happy to show off our school.